The SC Steering Committee is seeking future leaders for the SC Conference Series.
Open positions are as follows:
Conference General Chair
Nominations for the SC19 General Chair are now open and will close on June 30, 2016. To nominate a person (or yourself) for the position, send an email providing the candidate’s name, a short paragraph describing how the candidate meets the following criteria, and a recent curriculum vitae (CV) that highlights professional and SC experience.
- Experience managing large, complex projects in which the people executing the project do not all report directly to the manager
- Breadth and depth of experience with SC conference organization, especially leadership roles
- Active in our community
- Able to set strategic direction (and delegate its execution)
- Able to commit significant resources to management of the conference in the three years leading up to the event (generally speaking, 10% of an FTE during 2017, 25% of an FTE during 2018, and increasing to 70% of an FTE by the time of the conference)
- Experience managing a large (multi-million US$) budget
Member of the SC Steering Committee
Nominations for two openings on the SC Steering committee are now open and will close on September 16, 2016. To nominate a person (or yourself), send an email giving the candidate’s name, a short paragraph describing how the candidate meets the following criteria, and a recent curriculum vitae (CV) that highlights professional and SC experience.
- Has a vision for how the conference may serve the needs of the advanced computing community
- Experience and knowledge of the SC conference
- Willingness to be an active and engaged advocate for the SC Conference community
- Able to commit to attend three one-day in-person meetings and monthly one-hour teleconferences annually for up to a four year term
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org