The SC Conference has a long tradition of welcoming our first time attendees with open arms. We aim to attract new and diverse groups of HPC professionals and students to the conference each year with the goal of sparking new conversations, new connections, and new ideas. However, as a first time attendee, we understand that it can be difficult to navigate the conference and experience all that SC16 has to offer. Thus we have two information booths staffed by seasoned SC volunteers to help you.
We also are offering a first-time attendee tutorial session to help guide you and best maximize your time at SC16. The details are outlined below.
Date/Time: Monday, November 14, 4:30-5:15pm
Location: Room 260 in the Convention Center
- Welcome by Bernd Mohr, Juelich Supercomputing Center, SC17 Chair
- All about SC – the things not everyone knows about the SC conference
- Your badge and what it entitles you to
- Our SC16 list of the things you should not miss
- Vendors and the exhibit hall – the interesting things you can learn and how to navigate