Each year, SC showcases not only the best and brightest stars of high performance computing, but also its rising stars and those who have made a lasting impression. SC Awards provide one way these individuals are recognized.
The following international awards were presented at SC16:
- ACM Gordon Bell Prize
- ACM SIGHPC Certificate of Appreciation
- ACM/IEEE-CS George Michael Memorial HPC Fellowship
- ACM/IEEE-CS Ken Kennedy Award
- ACM SIGHPC / Intel Computational & Data Science Fellowships
- Best Paper/Poster/Visualization Awards
- IEEE-CS Seymour Cray Computer Engineering Award
- IEEE-CS Sidney Fernbach Memorial Award
- IEEE CS TCHPC Award for Excellence for Early Career Researchers in High Performance Computing
- SC16 Student Cluster Competition
- Test of Time Award
SC Best Paper Award
Each year, the SC Technical Papers Committee identifies one paper as the best paper from the Conference’s Technical Program. The award will be announced at the SC16 awards ceremony.
SC Best Student Paper Award
Each year, the SC Technical Papers Committee identifies one paper as the best paper written primarily by a student or students and presented in the Conference’s Technical Program. Papers must be identified as student papers when submitted to be eligible for this award. This award will be announced at the SC16 awards ceremony.
SC Best Poster Award
Each year, the SC Posters Committee identifies one poster as the best poster presented as part of the Conference’s Technical Program. The award will be announced at the SC16 awards ceremony.
SC Test of Time Award
The “Test of Time” award recognizes a paper from a past SC conference that has deeply influenced the HPC discipline. It is a mark of historical impact, and requires clear evidence that the paper has changed HPC trends. The award was originally presented at SC13, as part of the celebration of the SC 25th anniversary. It is presented annually to a single paper, selected from the conference proceedings of 10-25 years ago.
Submission deadlines vary for each award nomination.