Interested in submitting a gues post to SC16?
Please review the guest post guidelines before submitting your post for review. We’ll know if you haven’t, trust us. We’re geeky like that.
What kind of posts are we looking for?
We expect well-written posts between 500-700 words related to state-of-the-art HPC projects, popular topics, research analysis, emerging technologies, and innovations in HPC, networking, storage and analysis, to name a few. The post that you send us must be an original, and should not have been previously posted anywhere on the internet.
Unfortunately, we can’t accept posts on sky diving, animal adoption, or banana-flavored gum (unless HPC was somehow involved, of course).
Your guest post should be well-written
We expect posts that are:
- Interesting, or better yet, provocative.
- Conversational by raising questions, inviting contributions, discussing what’s happening on other blogs, and/or leaving some loose ends.
- Think outside the box.
- Inject some personality that includes observations and anecdotes.
- Make use of multimedia whenever possible (ensure credit is given to the original source of all content embedded in posts).
- Include a link to your bio with your guest post.
- We allow links to your site or sponsor within your bio. Links in the body of the article should be there to support the article, not drive business your way.
- Include your photo as a jpeg or png image (100 x 100 pixels).
- Include all the images used in the post as separate attachments in jpeg or png formats.
- Submit your posts in Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- Comments from readers will be sent your way, and we urge your quick response.
- Make sure posts are seen by a second pair of eyes before publication.
- Never take an idea or insight from another blogger or site without acknowledgement.
If we find problems with your guest post, we will notify you about it. Please don’t be offended, it’s nothing personal. You’ll have ample opportunity to review before publication.
If your guest post is accepted for publication, you grant a license for SC to be the exclusive publisher. You may republish extracts (for example, on your own site), but the article in its entirety should not appear elsewhere.
How do I submit my guest post?
Please email your guest post to firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending your guest post and image attachments, use the code-phrase “SC16 Guest Post” in the subject line. Otherwise we’ll know you didn’t pay attention.
We publish a new guest post at a minimum interval of two weeks. If we accept your guest post submission, we’ll notify you.